To mobilize the church in mission through praying, educating, discipling and giving.
- Praying - Interceding for leaders and churches and for the Holy Spirit to draw all people to Christ.
- Discipling - Involving and mentoring future missions leaders, especially youth and children, to make Christ like disciples for God's mission in the nations.
- Giving - Devoting ourselves and our resources, especially the World Evangelism Fund, to extend Christ's kingdom.
- Educating - Informing people of the world's needs and enabling our church to meet those needs in Christ.
The effects of the work of Nazarene Missions International are the accomplishment of the above objectives and, consequently, our mission. The Global NMI organization exists to serve as a resourcing agent for information and materials to both the district and local NMI organizations and to serve as a connection between the missionary and the supporting church. The district NMI exists to serve the local church by providing resources to assist in accomplishing the objectives of Nazarene Missions International; to serve as the link between the local and general NMI organizations; and to serve as the official reporting agency for local churches to the Global NMI Office.
The purpose of the emphases is to serve as vehicles for involvement in missions to:
- Reach the lost;
- Resource and encourage the local and global church;
- Resource and encourage the missionary;
- Educate and enhance the synergistic church. (Synergy: Combined action or operation resulting in greater efficiency and impact.)
DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Pray...read...adapt...be teachable...attend all training opportunities...think...share. Be willing
- to toss what doesn't work;
- to listen to others;
- to take risks;
- to make personal sacrifices.
MISSIONS is not an idea - MISSIONS is a LIFESTYLE!